I love books and I love reading. I mean who doesn’t. Seriously.
Life would be very dull indeed without one or both of these things. At least I think so. It has to be said that the simple act of reading for the fun of it is one of life’s great pleasures and one that I am very happy to indulge in!
What do I want to achieve in 2020 when it comes to books?
Well … just to read some good ones. I don’t want to rush because appreciating the words as well as the tale being told does take time, at least I think so. What else? I’d also like to try and become familiar with genres’ that I might have stayed away from in the past. I’m looking at you Fantasy. I have decided to take the plunge, challenge myself and make another attempt at connecting with some stories that take place in those diverse and rich worlds. And I am going to see if I can find some interesting graphic novels to add further interest.
Below you will find a list of all the books I have completed this year with a link to the corresponding review.
And a new feature for 2020 is that I will be star rating my completed reads. I haven’t tried this before so I am hoping I can keep my ratings consistent and accurate according to my taste and reaction to the books.
So thank you for joining me and I hope you find some literary treasure!
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Stranger Diaries by Elly Griffiths
- Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
- Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
- When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Adventures of Maud West, Lady Detective by Susannah Stapleton
- Crescent City: House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Mass
- Origin by Dan Brown
- Love From A to Z by S.K Ali
- The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall
- Sisters of the Vast Black by Lina Rather (a novella)
- Underfoot in Show Business by Helen Hanff
- A Good Girls Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson
- The Deep by Alma Katsu
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon
- The Trouble With Women by Jacky Fleming
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James
- Heartstopper (vol 1-3) by Alice Oseman
- Well Read Black Girl by Glory Edim
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- An Elderly Lady Is Up To No Good by Helene Tursten
- A Wild and Precious Life by Edie Windsor (with Joshua Lyon)
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations by Mira Jacob
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- Life’s A Beach (A Bookshop Girl Novel) by Chloe Coles
- The Haunting of Tram Car 015 by P. Djeli Clark
- To Be Taught If Fortunate by Becky Chambers
- Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez
- Campari for Breakfast by Sara Crowe
- The Parker Inheritance by Varian Johnson
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson