I love books and I love reading. I mean who doesn’t. Seriously.
Life would be very dull indeed without one or both of these things. At least I think so.
After a bit of a drought I am happy to say that I feel like I have finally got my literary mojo back and have returned to the simple pleasure of reading for nothing more than the fun of it.
So as part of my enjoyment of words on the page (and as something of celebration of rediscovery) I thought I would chronicle my reading journey with a list of what I have consumed book wise and write a few reviews.
I hope that you as a fellow reader enjoys them and that they give you some pointers on what tale you might want indulge in next.
So to all the bibliophiles out there … I wish you the best of luck and hope you find some literary treasure!
2019 Bookshelf: Completed
- Ladies in Black by Madelaine St John
- Seaside Donkey by Hannah Engelkamp
- Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto
- Reel Inequality by Nancy Wang Yuen
- The Library Book by Susan Orlean
- The Mirage Factory by Gary Kirst
- Hollywood: A Short Introduction by Peter Decherney
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- Ask a Native New Yorker by Jake Dobkin
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K Rowling
- The Man With The Sawed-Off Leg And Other Tales Of A New York City Block by Daniel J. Wakin
- Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith
- Strange and Obscure Stories of New York by Tim Rowland
- Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay
- Strangers Assume My Girlfriend Is My Nurse by Shane Burcaw
- I’d Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel
- This is New York by E.B White (Essay)
- The Dollhouse by Fiona Davis
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
- Shakespeare by Bill Bryson (audio)
- Oh. Never Mind by Mary H.K. Choi (Kindle Single)
- My Seinfeld Year by Fred Stoller (Kindle Single)
- The Surgeon of Crowthorne by Simon Winchester (audio)
- Attempted Hippie by David Noonan (Kindle Single)
- An Unexpected Twist by Anthony Borowitz (Kindle Single)
2019 Bookshelf: Currently Reading
- Frankly In Love by David Yoon
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (audio)
- The New York Times Presents Smarter By Sunday
2019 Bookshelf: Waiting To Be Read (in no particular order)
- His Hideous Heart edited by Dahlia Adler
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins (due Oct 21)
(Header Image: Pixabay)