I love books and I love reading. I mean who doesn’t. Seriously.
Life would be very dull indeed without one or both of these things. At least I think so. It has to be said that the simple act of reading for the fun of it is one of life’s great pleasures and one that I am very happy to indulge in!
What are my favourite books?
Well Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford is one that I picked up a few years ago and it quickly became very dear to me. I just love the story and the characters and find the situations that they are in to be fascinating and very moving.
I have a favourite short story called The Love Letter by Jack Finney. I won’t say much about it as I have a whole post dedicated to it that I will put up in the coming months except that it has all the elements that makes a wonderful if somewhat tragic love story.
What do I want to achive in 2020?
Just to read good books. I don’t want to rush because appreciating the words as well as the tale being told does take time, at least I think so. And to try and become familiar with genres’ that I might have stayed away from in the past … sorry but this doesn’t include Sci Fi / Fantasy. That’s not for me but all power to those who adore it!
For the record here is my 2019 book journey:
And as always I will be reviewing the books I have completed. I hope you find them interesting and that they inspire you to get involved with the written word!
So to all the bibliophiles out there … I wish you the best of luck and hope you find some literary treasure!
Bookshelf: Currently Reading
- Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow
- The New York Times Presents Smarter By Sunday
Bookshelf: Waiting To Be Read
- Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again by David Foster Wallace
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey
- The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins
- Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen
- The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Meg and Jo by Virginia Kantra
- Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- Family Trust by Kathy Wang
- The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Stranger Diaries by Elly Griffiths
- Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager