Some folks who are not local to the coolest little capital (Wellington just in case you weren’t sure) might not be aware that this town has a vast array of eateries of all kinds and flavours.
I decided that in 2019 I was going to expand my culinary boundaries and try to experience just a small portion of them.
So on as many weekends as possible I have been taking myself off into the city and consuming some delicious dishes.
- Lemon Chicken Ramen from The Raman Shop
- Pork Dumplings from Miyabi Sushi
- Pho Ga from Fisherman’s Plate
- Chicken Ho Fun with Season Vegetables from The Magic Kitchen
- Chicken Teriyaki from Mrs Kim’s Korean Kitchen
- Bok Choy and Pork and Mushroom Dumplings from Chow
- Pho Cuu from the Fisherman’s Plate
- Beef Pho from Where’s Charlie
- Chicken Noodle Soup (Pho Ga) from Vietnamese Pho
- Edamame Beans with Chicken and Mushroom Dumplings from Dumpling’d
- Pho Chin from Mekong Cafe
- Chicken and Bamboo Noodle Soup from Where’s Charlie
- Pho Bo Xao from Vietnamese Pho
- Yaki Udon from Wagamama
As you can see I am something of an asian cuisine fan. I daydream about going to a major food destination like Singapore, forgetting my waistline and totally indulging myself in all that is offered. But for now I am keeping it simple.
Note … I very much intend that this list gets somewhat longer come the years end!
All the best to you and your foodie adventures!